Sunday, June 21, 2009

Historical Fiction #4

Chapter 4

"Are you alright? Oh my word, why did this happen to me?! Can you hear me?" Lena lay passed out on the floor of the house, not responding to any noise or action. The policeman took out his cell phone,
"This is an emergency, please send an ambulance over right away. Thank you."
He paced around the room as he waited. Finally he heard a quiet,
"What happened?" asked the girl feebly.
He quickly turned around to find the girl trying to sit up, looking as pale as a ghost.
"You passed out cold. I think we might want to wait to talk about this topic. I don't know if you can handle it right now. When will your mother be back?" asked the policeman.
"Pretty soo-(cough cough)-n. I'm o.k." answered the girl.
"Good. We'll wait for the ambulance - I called one - and your mother before I say anything about the news. I hope it's not as bad as you think." replied the policeman.

**********

At the hospital, Lena was surrounded with nurses taking her blood pressure and so much more. Lena was very anxious to find out what was going on. She must have been under a lot of stress to pass out like that. As far as she could remember, she had never passed out before in her life. Hurry up! she thought as the nurses and doctors hurried around.
"Can anyone come in yet?" Lena asked.
"I'm afraid not...you can't have company for another half hour at least. Don't worry, everyone has been informed that you are alright." answered a doctor.
OK, I want to know whats going on. Has anything happened to anyone related to me? And, what happened to me?

**********

Julie waited anxiously for any nurses or doctors to come out and tell her family and she what was going on. She looked around and found everyone around her who knew Lena to be just as anxious. They had been told, in a very unspecific way, that Lena would be okay but would not be allowed visitors for a while yet. That was three hours ago. The real question that clung to Julie's mind was , would she really be okay, or were the nurses just trying to make the family feel better?

No comments:

Post a Comment